Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Island Hopping in Southern Thailand

We liked the pool and waterslide that we snuck into at the Hilton so much that we ended up staying there. It was a blast. We then jumped on a bus that went all night long. When we first got on the bus I was excited because there was a movie playing on the video player. However, it was a terrible movie and not in English and was very loud. It was not easy to falling to sleep, but when I woke up it was 10 hours later and we were in Krabi, in southern Thailand. We hung out at the beach in a town called Ao Nang for 5 days and did some really cool things. My dad rented a motorbike and we cruised all around for a couple days. We visited the Tiger Cave Temple which is a famous place, but kind of boring. We rode to a national park with a waterfall, but we got caught in a rainstorm and they would not let us even see the waterfall because it was too dangerous. We went on a hike to a secluded beach and went swimming. We found a bunch of monkeys that were living in some trees on the beach and fed them bananas. We road in a longtail boat to this place called Railay Bay and rented a kayak. We kayaked to our own beach and also out to an island. After kayaking we sat on a beach and ate banana fritters while we watched a soccer game being played on a beach. We road into the jungle and went to this place where I got to ride an elephant. My elephants name was Honey and it was fun to ride and its hair was prickley when I road on its neck and it was bleading from a wound and the flies were sucking it blood during the entire ride. It was cool. After the ride I got to feed Honey some pinapple.

We left Ao Nang and took a snorkling boat trip the the island of Ko Phi Phi. On the way we stopped and went snorling at a place called Bamboo Island. There were so many fist it was like swimming in a fish tank. We also stopped at Phi Phi Ley where they filmed some movie called, "The Beach," which I have not seen. We went snorlking a bunch of other places and saw like a 100 different kinds of strange fish. We arrived in Ko Phi Phi and it was very hot and boring. We stayed in this dump motel that my dad found called the Gypsy Motel, which was cheap but had no air conditioning. We sweated all night long. I was very happy when I heard we were leaving the next morning.

We jumped on a boat to the island of Phuket.Phuket is way better than Ko Phi Phi. We ended up at this great hotel called the Coco Palace Resort. We were the only guests and it had a great pool that had a waterfall and hot tub. We also had an air conditioner. We stayed there for two days and swam a lot and went boogie boarding in the ocean. The ocean is warm, but very salty. The waves were great. When you get out of the ocean your swim suit is dry in two minutes. We are now kicking back at another part of the island called Patong Beach which is great. They have everything here and I even got to eat pizza for dinner last night. Thai food is good, but pizza is the best.

I get to go to a school and teach a class of 1st through 6th graders here in Phuket. I am a little nervous, but it should be fun and interesting. Thailand is cool. I am having a great time and thinking about everyone back home. Click on "sign my guestbook" and leave me a message.

All my belongings

All my belongings
Ready for departure

We're ready

We're ready
All in the family

My stuff

My stuff
Room for more in my backpack